7 Steps you will want to take if you Slip and Fall
Here at Brooks Law Group, we handle all different types of personal injury cases. From auto accidents and truck accidents to premises liability cases, we are here for you. In this post, I am going to give you a set of simple instructions you will want to follow if you ever fall and are injured.
Here are the 7 crucial steps you want to take:
- File an incident report with Management-this is the first and one of the most important steps because you will need proof that the accident occurred
- Identify all witnesses-make sure you get the names and numbers of ALL people who witnesses the accident. This will greatly help your case
- Photograph any foreign substances on the floor- You want to make sure you take pictures of any liquid that was on the floor or whatever the reason was for your accident. We need this evidence to prove that the location where you fell was negligent
- Save the shoes you were wearing- because the store or business location will usually try to say that the accident was your fault or because of the type of shoes you were wearing
- If your clothing is soiled or wet from the accident, take pictures- you want all the evidence you can get to show that there was a liquid substance on the floor (if that was the condition for your accident)
- Seek Medical Care- we can’t stress enough how important this is. Without seeking medical care from a doctor, you have nothing to support that you were injured
- Call the Brooks Law Group- we will get started on you case right away. We know how to handle the businesses and insurance companies. You pay nothing unless we win your case call 888-We-Mean-It (888-936-3264).
We welcome the opportunity to serve you.