Man Dies after Falling from Golf Cart in Central Florida – 10 Safety Tips to Remember
As reported on TheLedger.com, this past weekend, David Tillman, 70, was riding as a passenger in a Golf Cart and for unknown reasons, he fell off and hit the curb. Tillman sustained major injuries and shortly after he was rushed to The Villages Regional Medical Center, where he died. The cause of Tillman’s fall is still under investigation.
If there was negligence in any way, this may be considered a wrongful death case.
Here at Brooks Law group we want you to practice safety in all types of vehicles, EVEN Golf Carts!
Below are 10 Safety Tips to Remember when riding/driving golf carts:
- Never operate a cart while under the influence of drugs/alcohol
- Operate the cart from the driver’s side only
- Keep your hands and feet within the cart at ALL times
- Slow down when driving on hills or around corners
- Make sure drivers and passengers remain seated at ALL times
- Avoid driving over wet and muddy surfaces
- Lock the brake before exiting the cart
- ALWAYS turn to see behind you while cart is in reverse and NEVER go in reverse down a hill
- Ensure that the cart is at a complete stop before entering and exiting
- ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and keep your eyes on the path ahead of you
We hope you have found these safety tips helpful and that you practice them when driving/riding in a golf cart. If someone you love was killed due to the negligence of another, you may have a Wrongful Death case and we urge you to call us today at 888-We-Mean-It (888-936-3264). We have over 20 years of experience helping people with Wrongful Death and Personal Injury Cases. We are here for you and WE MEAN BUSINESS.