Tampa, Lakeland & Winter Haven Florida Attorneys
In a time when the legal system is difficult to understand and even harder to make headway in, The Brooks Law Group is a law firm of professionals with the kind of work ethic and skill you can trust. The lawyers at our personal injury law firm will fight the complex court battles for you with a diligence and attention to detail that earns results.
When you, or someone you love, are hurt in an accident, our law firm offers the kind of skill that can help you with the least amount of complications. We accept personal injury cases anywhere in Central Florida and can assist injured persons and social security claimants throughout the United States.
We are people-first lawyers dedicated to helping people get the legal representation they deserve.
The Brooks Law Group is a law firm devoted to excellence. We take your case personally. Our philosophy is simple: Today’s legal network is so complex and people are afraid to seek help they honestly need. Everyone that walks through our door gets the very best we have to offer, whatever it takes. Personal Injury cases vary in severity and circumstance; your law firm should understand the complexity involved in your particular case. Brooks has offices conveniently located in Tampa, Lakeland, and Winter Haven, Florida, centrally located to serve the entire state.
Attorneys that Go Above and Beyond
Our demand for excellence led us to install state-of-the-art computer equipment, unusual for all but the largest firms. It helps our law firm do the necessary research to build a rock-solid case. It’s the same philosophy that allows us to really care about the families involved in the personal injuries or wrongful death cases our law firm litigates. And it’s this get-involved, committed outlook that ensures you the very best legal representation available.
Today’s over-complicated, ever changing legal world makes top legal advice vital. We give you a team of attorneys and staff dedicated to keeping up-to-date on every aspect of the law and its effects on your case. And because every case is very important to us, you know your case won’t fall through a crack. No one likes to be in a situation where they need a lawyer, but when you are, it’s nice to know that we are here to help.
Our law firm and our attorneys have the outstanding abilities, caring attitude, and professional record you can depend on to represent your case in the most professional manner possible.
The Full History of Steve Brooks and the Brooks Law Group
We thought it would be a nice idea to do put together a firm timeline for our clients and friends to learn how Brooks Law Group started and developed into what it is today.
Steve comes from a long line of doctors. His father, uncles, grandfather and great grandfather were all doctors. Something changed for Steve and his brother Beach—they became lawyers. Steve was at first interested in real estate law because he started buying real estate at the age of 14. What drove them to practicing personal injury law were their own personal experiences as victims of auto accidents and the desire to help those who have suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Brooks Law Group History
Here is how Brooks Law Group developed into the firm that it is today:
- 1992 – Stephen K. Brooks decided to start his own firm practicing Real Estate and Commercial Litigation – Just him and one assistant at a small location.
- 1993 – Steve immediately started learning Personal Injury Law and LOVED IT.
- 1996 – Beach A. Brooks, Steve’s brother who was with a larger firm, decided to join him.
- 2003 – Brooks Law Group moved to 123 First Street North in Winter Haven (right down the street from its very first location.)
- 2005 – Brooks Law Group opened its Tampa location.
- 2007 – Personal Injury Attorney Charles “CJ” Laycock joined the firm.
- 2009 – The Firm got “too big for its britches” and expanded into the “Annex” building right next door.
- 2011 – The firm opened its “Havendale” Office in Winter Haven –the Social Security Extension of the Firm.
- 2012 – Brooks Law Group opened its Lakeland Office.
- 2013 – The firm now has a total of 4 Attorneys, 16 support staff, and 4 offices.
- 2014 – Angela Rodriguez, Personal Injury Attorney, joined the firm.
- 2016 – Joseph Hovsepian, Social Security Attorney and Beach A. Brooks III, Personal Injury Attorney, joined the firm.
- 2017 – Brooks Law Group bought the Crittenden Office next door to its 105 1st Street (Annex) office and combined the two offices. The firm now has a total of 7 Attorneys, 20 support staff, and 4 office locations in 5 buildings.