Each organization has its own identity, just as you and I or any other individual. At Brooks Law Group, we set the standards of the foundation of our organization through our core values. These values and our commitment to them, make us who we are.
The New Year is off to a great start here at Brooks Law Group. Last week we had our “State of the Union” meeting; a company-wide meeting where we gather and share our successes of the previous year and our goals and aspirations for the coming year. Beach and I opened the meeting, just as we have each and every meeting, by stating our core values: Results Matter, Impacting Lives, Integrity, Team Driven Accountability, Teamwork (Camaraderie), No Gossip Rule, Thinking Outside of the Box, and Gratefulness. In addition to our core values, we also have a supporting mission statement – “to provide the best client experience possible.” I would like to take a moment to distinguish what each of these values mean to me.
- Results Matter. We are not in the business of just trying; although admirable that’s not our goal. We focus on actions, activities and metrics that deliver results.
- Impacting Lives. We encounter people at life’s low points; we strive to impact them, not only financially but from a standpoint of care, concern and the embodiment of Godly principles.
- Integrity. Mistakes may be forgiven and corrected; however, breaching integrity is unacceptable. Integrity is reflected daily in our work ethic as it relates to punctuality, self-discipline, consistent quality performance, and continuously striving for excellence.
- Team Driven Accountability. “If It Isn’t In Writing, It Didn’t Happen”. We keep each other aware and informed in every aspect of our responsibilities to each other, our clients and the Firm.
- Teamwork (Camaraderie). Teamwork is an obligation to all who are members of our firm. We are a team working in the spirit of unity accepting each other’s differences as God-given and complimentary; all of us, firm-wide, working together, in alignment with the vision, goals and processes.
- No Gossip Rule. In our transparent culture, gossip is not tolerated. Gossip can destroy the camaraderie we work to build within the work environment.
- Thinking Outside the Box. We strive to push the envelope regarding innovation in every area of our law firm and its practices
- Gratefulness. We remember that all we have is a gift from God. At the end of the day, we are blessed to be involved in this practice and to be given the opportunity to positively impact so many lives.
I am very proud of our individual and collective commitment to these core values that have made us who we are. These values have allowed us to provide a consistent experience for every one of our clients. When we open each meeting with these values, it allows us to discuss them and reaffirm our dedication to them. This in turn makes them real and we are able to hold each other accountable.
We have a great team at Brooks Law Group that is genuinely invested in our values and committed to our clients. If tragedy has struck in your family, we want to be the ones you call.