Finding the right lawyer is essential if you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Tampa. Building a strong case for compensation is a job for someone with extensive experience in personal injury law and knows what it takes to craft a claim that can win. But how do you find the best car accident lawyer for you?
Here’s your answer: By asking the right questions.
If you’re like most people, the thought of hiring a lawyer in the aftermath of a wreck feels overwhelming — even impossible. Take comfort in knowing that once you have an attorney on your side, the pressure is off. A skilled car accident lawyer can handle all negotiations with the insurance company, investigate your accident, and fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
At Brooks Law Group, we know that the process of hiring an attorney is stressful. Below, we’ve compiled a list of questions you should ask any potential car accident lawyer in Florida. You can also call us or use our online contact form for a free consultation.
What to Look for When Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Here are some tips for hiring a car accident lawyer:
- Experience counts. Attorneys typically narrow their focus to certain “practice areas,” such as personal injury law, criminal law, family law, and so on. You need to hire a lawyer whose skills match your needs. If you’ve been in a car accident, you won’t hire a divorce lawyer. You’ll want to hire a personal injury lawyer.
- Availability matters. You’ll want a lawyer who has the time to treat your case with the attention and respect it deserves. Lawyers with heavy caseloads may end up referring your case out to another attorney at some point during the representation. While that may be the best decision for your case in the long run, it can be unsettling and not ideal for many clients.
- A good personality isn’t just an important prerequisite for dating. You need an attorney whose attitude and goals mesh with yours. You’ll be sharing a lot of personal information with your attorney, so make sure that you find someone who makes you feel comfortable.
Keep in mind that everyone is different. An attorney who comes highly recommended by a friend may indeed be a great lawyer. But if you didn’t get a good feeling after discussing your case with the lawyer, move on. Always follow your gut.
Most Important Questions to Ask
Meeting with a potential lawyer is a job interview. You’re the boss. You need to find out whether the attorney is the best fit for you.
Ask these questions:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- What percentage of your cases are devoted to car accidents? What were the results?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
- What are your thoughts on my case?
- If I hire you, what will the next steps be?
- How often will we communicate about the progress of my case?
- What is your preferred method of communication (e.g., phone, e-mail, text, etc.)?
- What are your expectations of me, the client?
- How do your legal fees work?
Is Brooks Law Group Right for Me?
There’s only one way to find out if Brooks Law Group is right for you — ask us! Our Tampa car accident attorneys are happy to discuss your case free of charge. Call or contact us today to get started.