Distracted Tampa, Florida drivers kill. The families of victims of distracted drivers have the right to bring a wrongful death lawsuit for damages against the driver who was distracted. Losing a loved one is the worst thing that can happened to someone. Losing a loved one because someone foolishly was distracted for a phone call or text that could have waited – just compounds the anguish of family members.
That distracted driving kills is not an idle statistic. According to the US Government website distraction.gov there are statistics to confirm this. These statistics come from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, National Occupant Protection Use Survey, University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute, The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute and CTIA – the Wireless Association.
Statistics that Confirm Distracted Driving Causes Wrongful Death
- In 2010 and 2011, over 3,200 people were killed by a distracted driver each year. Over 375,000 people, each year, were injured in auto accidents in which one of the drivers was distracted.
- For 2011, one in ten injuries was caused by a distracted driver.
- The largest percentage of distracted drivers are young drivers under 20.
- The risk of a fatal crash increases three times when a visual-manual task (such as dialing, texting or just reaching for mobile phone) is associated with a hand-held device.
- Since 2010, approximately 660,000 drivers, at any given moment in the US, are using a mobile or electronic device.
- If you drive at 55 mph and take your eyes off the road for 4.6 seconds, you’ll travel 100 yards. 4.6 seconds is the exact same time it takes to send or receive a text message.
- One in four teens is involved in a text message every time they get behind a steering while. 20 % confess to long or multi-message texts.
How our law firm can help?
If anyone you know is a victim of a wrongful death because of a distracted driver or for any other reason, let our law firm help you get the recovery you deserve. During this difficult time we will help you receive the maximum compensation allowed by law and we will assist you through every step of the case. Our team of lawyers works with medical professionals, valuation experts, technical experts and other lawyers. We bring wrongful death claims in Tampa and throughout Florida. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or a death please call us at 1-888-WE-MEAN-IT (1-888-936-3264) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.