The worst types of accidents are the ones where a loved one dies. Even simple events like a slip and fall can cause a person to die if he/she falls the wrong way. Some accident types, though, are more likely to cause someone to die than others. Here are some of the leading causes of wrongful death – a death caused through the fault of another:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents– any type of motor vehicle (car, bus, truck, boat or other vehicle) can cause a death. The weight, speed and composition of the vehicles creates tremendous impacts.
- Motorcycles – motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable because they have little or no protections
- Bike and Pedestrian accidents – like the motorcyclists, these victims have little protection.
- Drunk Driving – good drivers can’t anticipate the movements of drunk drivers. This inability to know which way to move or turn makes it more likely that a drunk driver will kill than a non-drunk driving driver.
- Speeding – There are a number of factors that increase physical impact. Speed is at or near the top of the list.
- Trucks and Buses – the bigger the vehicle the more likely an accident will result in death.
- Product Defects –
- Consumer products such as household appliances which don’t work properly can cause accidents and death. Product defects can be caused by poor design, poor instructions on how to use the product, electrical and mechanical failures, and many other reasons. Other consumer products include cars, tools, entertainment products and anything you buy for personal use.
- Medical defects. Many medical products are defective. We’ve written about some of the major drug defects in other blogs. We’ve also written about medical equipment that causes death like the da Vinci Robot
- Workplace Accidents – if an employee is hurt or even killed in a workplace accident the employer’s insurance company has to pay certain benefits regardless of fault. Some workplace accidents are caused by the non-employer. Sometimes the cause of the accident is a manufacturer of a faulty product or an independent contractor who failed to properly clean or inspect the workplace location.
How our law firm can help
Wrongful death claims are very complicated. A personal representative has to be appointed, the rightful survivors have to be determined, the cause of the accident has to be investigated without any help from the deceased, and the damages have to be determined. Our law firm lawyer can help you with these complexities.
If anyone you know is has suffered a wrongful death in Tampa, Florida or in any other Florida county, our law firm help you get the recovery you deserve. During this difficult time we will help you receive the maximum compensation allowed by law and we will assist you through every step of the case. Our team of lawyers works with medical professionals, valuation experts, technical experts and other lawyers. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or a death please call us at 1-888-WE-MEAN-IT (1-888-936-3264) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.