Ybor City is a historic location in Tampa, Florida that dates back to the 1880s. Though there some old brick roads, most roads in Ybor City are paved using up to date materials. Auto accidents can happen anywhere in Florida, including Ybor City. If you’re involved in a car accident you will have a lot of concerns. How can I manage and pay for my medical and emotional pain? How can I be paid while I’m not working? How can my car be repaired and who pays for a rental? What is pain and suffering and how much am I entitled to?
There are 3 main steps to take if you’re in a Ybor City Auto Accident. While there a lot of steps to take if you’re in an auto accident such as cooperating with any police investigation, there are three that are priorities.
1. See your physician
You should see your family physician as soon as possible. If you go to a hospital, you will still need to follow up with your family doctor.
- Your first priority is get better. The sooner you see a doctor, the sooner a diagnosis of your medical pain can be made and the sooner treatment can begin.
- Delay can be a sign that your injury isn’t serious. Insurance companies and auto accident defense lawyers will notice if you delayed in seeing a doctor. They’ll argue that your injuries couldn’t have been serious if you waited.
2. Don’t Sign any Forms until you’ve seen a lawyer
Insurance company adjustors and negotiators will try to get you to sign a quick settlement. They know you’re hurting, that you’re anxious and that you need money for the doctors and your family. Even your own insurance company which pays some of your medical bills, lost wages and car expenses may try to get you to sign early.
But if you sign settlement papers early with either your insurance company or the insurance company for the person that caused the accident, you will lose any right to sue for damages that happen later. Your injury may take a turn for the worse. It may be permanent. The cost to fix your car may be more than you think. You may not be able to return to work as early as you thought.
You need to take the third step immediately. That step is to contact a skilled auto accident lawyer.
3. Contact a Ybor City Auto Accident Attorney
A skilled auto accident lawyer will:
- Investigate the scene of the accident and the cause of the accident. His firm will talk to witnesses and experts if necessary.
- Will explain how the insurance process works with your own insurance company.
- Will explain how the insurance process works with the insurance company for the responsible party.
- Will get the correct records from your doctors and employers and make sure the doctors and employers properly address your problems.
- Will work to get your medical bills paid promptly and your lost wages paid promptly.
- Will prepare your case for trial
- Will negotiate with the insurance adjustors. Skilled lawyers can anticipate the arguments insurance adjustors will make.
How our law firm can help?
We take personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This goes for accidents in Ybor City or anywhere in Florida. If you or anyone you know is a victim of a car accident let our law firm help you get the recovery you deserve. During this difficult time we will help you receive the maximum compensation allowed by law and we will assist you through every step of the case. Our team of lawyers works with medical professionals, valuation experts, technical experts and other lawyers. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or a death please call us at 1-888-WE-MEAN-IT (1-888-936-3264) or email us at: email@example.com.