I wanted to write this blog to inform women who have had a Transvaginal Mesh Implant about their rights. The Transvaginal Mesh litigation has been going on for the last two years and it is one of the biggest Mass Tort Cases we have ever seen.
On July 13, 2011 the FDA issued a bulletin about serious complications of Transvaginal Mesh. Because of this, all claims must be filed before July 13, 2013 as this is the Statute of Limitations date. That is why it is SO important to act fast.
Back in the 1970’s mesh that was used for hernia repair was used by gynecologists for some Pelvic Organ Prolapse repairs due to anatomical changes in a women’s body from child birth or weight gain. In 1996, the mesh was tested by the FDA and released on the market with only a 510(k) Procedure.
This means that the mesh was not tested effectively enough to really see what the use of it would result in – more bad than good. 17-25% of the procedures fail in women ages 30-50. This can have a permanent, negative effect on the lives of many women forever, as in some cases, there is permanent incontinence or the mesh is unable to be removed due to erosion.
3 key questions to ask yourself to see if you or anyone you know has a potential Transvaginal Mesh Case:
- Was the Mesh inserted through the vagina? Right now, we are only accepting cases where the mesh has been inserted through the vagina rather than through the abdomen.
- Was the Mesh Implanted made by one of the following Manufacturers? If you are unsure who the manufacturer was, still call us, we will help you find out.
- American Medical Services
- Boston Scientific
- Johnson & Johnson
- Are you suffering from the following?
- Erosion through the vaginal wall
- Pain (Chronic Pelvic Pain)
- Infection (UTI)
- Painful Intercourse
- Urinary or Fecal incontinence
- Organ Perforation
- Leg Pain
- Corrective Surgery
If you answered yes to these questions, we strongly urge you to call us today at 888-We-Mean-It (888-936-3264). Time is running out and it is important to take action before it is too late. We will help you in any way that we can to inform you of your rights and file your Transvaginal Mesh claim as soon as possible. Any initial consultation with our firm is free.