You may have heard the buzz lately about General Motors Ignition Claims where defective vehicles are the cause for serious motor vehicle accidents which result in horrible injuries or death.
Here are some of the case criteria involved in GM Claims to see if you or anyone you know qualifies. The important thing to remember is to act fast because all claims need to be filed by December 31st of this year.
Criteria for GM Claims:
Claimant must have been a driver, passenger, or pedestrian involved in an auto accident involving a recalled GM vehicle.
Vehicles in which the ignition switch was not replaced prior to the accident include only the following models:
- Chevrolet Cobalt (Model Years 2005-2007)
- Chevrolet HHR (Model Years 2006-2007)
- Daewoo G2X (Model Year 2007)
- Opel/Vauxhall GT (Model Year 2007)
- Pontiac G4 (Model Years 2005-2006)
- Pontiac G5 (Model Year 2007)
- Pontiac Pursuit (Model Years 2005-2006)
- Pontiac Solstice (Model Years 2006-2007)
- Saturn Ion (Model Years 2003-2007)
- Saturn Sky (Model Year 2007)
Vehicles in which the ignition switch was replaced prior to the accident with an ignition switch bearing Part No. 10392423; AND the accident in question occurred after such replacement. The Service Part Vehicles include only the following models:
- Chevrolet Cobalt (Model Years 2008-2010)
- Chevrolet HHR (Model Years 2008-2011)
- Daewoo G2X (Model Years 2008-2009)
- Opel/Vauxhall GT (Model Years 2008-2010)
- Pontiac G5 (Model Years 2008-2010)
- Pontiac Solstice (Model Years 2008-2010)
- Accident must have occurred prior to 12/31/2014.
- Airbags and seatbelts must NOT have deployed/activated during the accident.
Claimant must have suffered one of the following types of injuries:
- Category One physical injury:
- Quadriplegic injury
- Paraplegic injury
- Double amputation
- Permanent brain damage requiring continuous home care
- Pervasive burns encompassing substantial part of the body
- AND overnight hospitalization or outpatient medical treatment within 48 hours of accident.
This may seem like steep criteria but we encourage anyone who may think they have a claim to call our firm right away at 888-We-Mean-It (888-936-3264). Time is running out for GM Claims so call now.