Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Lakeland, FL
Car accidents are an unfortunate occurrence on our crowded streets, roads, and highways. Most crashes are caused by negligence on the part of other drivers, such as aggressive driving, speeding, distracted driving, failure to follow traffic laws, or driving under the influence.
If you have been injured in a car crash in Lakeland through no fault of your own, you have the right to hold the responsible party accountable and seek compensation for the harm and losses they’ve caused you.
It is important that you have a dedicated, experienced car accident attorney on your side who can protect your rights and stand up for your interests. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida today.
We will never charge for consultations because we want you to be able to discuss your accident and get an honest evaluation of your case without worrying about money. We also will never charge any of our clients for attorney’s fees or other expenses unless and until we win the compensation.
We do this because it is the right thing to do. Quality representation should be available to anyone who has been hurt. Contact us to schedule your free consultation today.
How Our Lakeland Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
When you’ve been in a car crash in Lakeland, you may feel overwhelmed, especially if you are dealing with painful injuries, mounting medical bills, and the prospect of dealing with insurance companies. If you need compensation for injuries and property damage you’ve suffered in a Lakeland car accident, a lawyer from Brooks Law Group is ready to help you pursue your claim.
Our legal team can help you by collecting the evidence that will be crucial to establishing who was at fault for the accident and documenting the extent of your injuries and losses. Our legal team can negotiate with the insurance company to seek a swift and fair settlement of your claim.
If a fair settlement is not possible, a car accident attorney from Brooks Law Group will be ready to take your claim to court and advocate on your behalf to seek a verdict in your favor. With our lawyers fighting for you, your time and energy can remain focused where they belong – on your family, your health, and your recovery.
Compensation After a Car Accident in Lakeland
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Lakeland, you may be entitled to certain kinds of compensation. If you’ve suffered physical or emotional injuries as a result of the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, doctor’s office visits, physical therapy, surgery, prescription medicine, and durable medical equipment like crutches or wheelchairs
- Lost income, including from work you miss due to your injuries, and including the difference in pre- and post-accident income if your injuries make you unable to return to your old job
- Pain and suffering, which includes physical and mental anguish caused by your injuries or by your inability to perform daily tasks or participate in activities you enjoyed before your accident
- Loss of consortium, a claim that compensates your spouse and/or your immediate family for the loss of your companionship and household services
- Property damage, including damage to your vehicle or personal property inside the vehicle
If your close relative was tragically killed in a car accident in Lakeland, you and your family may be entitled to seek wrongful death damages. These provide compensation for losses such as funeral and burial expenses, your loved one’s pain and suffering immediately before their death, and your immediate family’s loss of your loved one’s financial support, companionship, and household services.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Claim in Florida
Under Florida law, you have a limited period of time after a car accident to file a lawsuit for compensation. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations.
If you are seeking compensation for personal injury or property damage from a Lakeland car accident, Florida law requires you to file your lawsuit within four years of the date of the crash. If you are bringing a claim for wrongful death damages arising from a car accident, you have two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file your lawsuit.
If a minor is injured in a car accident, Florida law expands the statute of limitations for the claim to seven years or the standard statute of limitations, whichever is longer.
If your car accident involved an employee of a state or municipal agency who was on government business when your accident occurred, you should also be mindful of notice requirements imposed by Florida law. Talk to our lawyers now to make sure you don’t miss a deadline.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Lakeland
When you are involved in a car accident in Lakeland, there are certain steps you should take to preserve your health and your ability to seek compensation for any damages you’ve suffered as a result of your accident. These actions include:
- Seeking medical attention, even if you don’t think at first that you were injured, since symptoms may take time to manifest and prompt attention could catch a potentially serious injury
- Calling the police, who will conduct an accident investigation and whose report may include crucial information to establish fault for the accident
- Getting the other drivers’ insurance information, so that you can begin the process of making a claim for your damages
- Collecting contact information for any eyewitnesses to the accident, in case you need their version of events to support your claim
- Taking photographs of the accident scene, the position of and damage to vehicles, skid marks on the road, traffic controls, and weather and lighting conditions
- Speaking with an experienced Lakeland car accident attorney as soon as possible after your accident so that you can quickly begin the process of pursuing a claim for compensation of your injuries and losses
Talk to a Motor Vehicle Lawyer in Lakeland, Florida Now
If you have been injured in a car accident in Lakeland, it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible. You have legal rights and options following your accident and you may be entitled to compensation for any injuries you’ve suffered or property damage you’ve incurred. If you wait too long to begin the process of pursuing a claim, you may miss out on your right to compensation.
Contact Brooks Law Group today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced, results-focused car accident attorneys.