“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers tis’ near Halloween”
On the spookiest night of the year, Brooks Law Group wants to be sure that you and your family are safe. Below are some steps we have compiled to ensure a safe and Happy Halloween!
1) Plan a Route in Advance:
– Make sure you are familiar with your route and we recommend one that is in a well-lit
area. Remember to only visit houses with exterior lights on.
2) Avoid masks, if possible:
– Masks are not generally made as ‘one size fits all’ which can make it hard to
see, breathe, or sometimes both. If you can get away with using Halloween make-up to
finish off your spooky costume, it is recommended.
3) Make sure costume is not at risk for potential hazards:
– Make sure that costumes are a safe length to walk in. When costumes are worn at an excessive
length, there is risk of tripping and possibly injuring yourself. Also, wear shoes that fit and are
4) Make yourself visible to others:
– It is very important that you are visible to other people and potential auto drivers.
Some ideas are carrying flashlights, wearing glow-in-the-dark necklaces or bracelets, or
adding reflective tape to the costumes.
5) Check your child’s candy:
– Be sure to throw away any candy that looks like it has been tampered with, opened, or
is not in its original package.
We wish you a very Happy Halloween. Please stay safe, and most of all, HAVE FUN!