Semi-Trailer Truck Accident Lawyer in Tampa, FL
Accidents involving large trucks and smaller passenger vehicles or motorcycles can be catastrophic. The impact of a multi-ton semi-truck traveling at a high rate of speed can leave crash victims with life-altering injuries, emotional trauma and heavy financial burdens.
If you or a family member has been hurt in a truck accident that was someone else’s fault, you should demand full compensation for your injuries and all damages suffered. The experienced Tampa truck accident attorneys at Brooks Law Group will fight for the money you need to recover from your injuries and move forward with your life. Our trusted legal team will manage everything related to your Tampa personal injury claim so you can focus on your health.
Why Are Truck Accident Injury Claims More Difficult?
Crashes involving large commercial trucks are typically more complex than accidents involving only passenger cars due to the many factors that may have contributed to causing these crashes. Accident reconstruction professionals may reveal that multiple factors played a role in causing a semi-truck to crash into another vehicle.
In addition, truck accidents tend to be more complex due to the number of parties that may be held responsible for the wreck. Most large commercial trucks traveling on Tampa roadways are carrying tons of cargo. There are many parties that have a hand in putting these trucks on the road, including trucking companies, cargo loaders, maintenance companies, etc. Each of these parties could have contributed to a truck accident.
The sheer amount of evidence that must be collected in truck accident claims also makes these cases more complex. State and federal laws regulate companies that own and operate commercial trucks. These companies must keep detailed records on employment, truck maintenance, cargo loads, driver training, and rest times for drivers. In addition, most trucks contain black boxes that record data, which should be recovered and analyzed after a crash. This evidence must be gathered in addition to traditional evidence such as photos of the crash scene, video surveillance, witness statements, etc.
Finally, the amount of money at stake in a truck accident claim often makes these cases very contentious. Victims may suffer catastrophic injuries and face overwhelming losses. Meanwhile, they must sort through an extensive web of insurance coverage with policy limits that are much higher than a regular passenger car. You can count on the insurance companies to try to pass the blame and minimize payouts every step of the way.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident in Tampa?
Proving who is at fault for an 18-wheeler accident can be difficult. However, our knowledgeable truck accident lawyers in Tampa, FL will conduct a thorough investigation to show the cause of the crash and determine who should be held responsible.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may find fault with:
- The truck’s driver or operator
- The truck driver’s employer
- The owner of the truck or trailer
- The company that leased the truck or trailer
- The company or workers responsible for the truck’s maintenance
- A manufacturer of a defective truck part
- A company that improperly loaded cargo on the truck
- The government entity responsible for maintaining the roadway
After our team has investigated your accident and identified all the liable parties, we will fight to hold them accountable for your losses.
Compensation After a Semi-Truck Accident in Tampa
At Brooks Law Group, our compassionate attorneys understand the emotional trauma and financial stress that truck accident victims face as they struggle to recover. Our legal team is committed to taking that burden off you and fighting to make you financially whole again after a serious truck crash.
Some of the common types of compensation that we may demand for you include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income and earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life or companionship
If your family member was killed in a truck accident, you may also be entitled to compensation to account for the wrongful death. Damages in a wrongful death claim can include medical expenses, funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of emotional support.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Tampa
If you have suffered injuries in a semi-truck accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering how best to move forward with an injury claim. To protect your rights to compensation, you should follow these steps in the aftermath of an accident:
- Call 911. If you or someone else at the scene is severely injured, tell the 911 operator that you need an ambulance.
- Be honest with police, but keep your statement short. Stick to the facts. Do not speculate or guess about the cause of the crash or the extent of your injuries. Remember to request a copy of the police accident report.
- Do not apologize. This could be misinterpreted as an admission of fault.
- Get the driver’s license number, insurance details, and contact information for the driver and any owners/operators of the truck. Also take note of the vehicle’s license plate number and registration information.
- Talk to our board-certified truck accident attorneys in Tampa as soon as possible. A consultation is free, and there is no charge to begin work on your case. In fact, you don’t pay us unless we win money for you.
- Do not give a statement to insurance adjusters. Also do not sign any documents or accept any payments without speaking to a tampa truck accident lawyer.
Talk to a Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer Now
At Brooks Law Group, we fight for the rights of truck accident victims who are struggling to obtain a fair resolution after a life-changing crash. Our knowledgeable team will take on the insurance adjusters and stand up to the teams of corporate lawyers so you can focus on your recovery, rather than your legal case.
We will negotiate aggressively for a full truck accident settlement, and we will be ready to take your case to trial, if necessary. Our firm does not back down from a fight for what’s right.
Contact us today to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation.