Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven, FL
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Winter Park or anywhere else in Florida, you need to reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. A knowledgeable Winter Haven lawyer can help you with every aspect of a personal injury claim.
An attorney can assist with all the necessary legwork, such as identifying the responsible party or parties and gathering the evidence needed to prove negligence and maximize your compensation.
The legal process involved with motorcycle accident claims can be very complex. A compassionate lawyer will be available to answer all the questions you have along the way and keep you informed. When an attorney is handling your case, they take the burden off your shoulders so that you will be able to focus on your health and recovering from the accident.
Hiring an experienced Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyer could make the difference between getting the full compensation and justice you deserve, or a lesser settlement or nothing at all.
Don’t settle for less than what your case is worth. Contact the Winter Park motorcycle accident lawyers at Brooks Law Group today by calling us or filling out an online contact form. We can discuss your best legal options during a free and confidential claim review.
Compensation in Winter Haven Motorcycle Accident Claims
Because motorcycle riders and passengers are so exposed, when an accident occurs, the injuries can be devastating. Motorcycle accident victims need to be able to pursue compensation for the total value of their losses.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are often reluctant to pay motorcycle accident victims the full amount they deserve. At Brooks Law Group, our Winter Park motorcycle accident lawyers have the skills and resources needed to help you seek the maximum amount of compensation.
Depending on the circumstances of your particular accident, we can help you pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Severe physical impairment, including an amputated limb
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
At Brooks Law Group, we look at all potential forms of compensation in your motorcycle accident case. Our experienced lawyers will discuss with you all of your options concerning compensation for medical expenses and other damages.
Under Florida law, even if you were partially at fault for the accident, there is still a chance you could recover partial damages from the other at-fault parties. Florida is a pure comparative negligence state, meaning that even at-fault parties may recover damages as long as their recovery is proportionate to the fault of all parties in the lawsuit.
How Long Do You Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit in Winter Haven?
In Florida, you have four years from the time of the accident to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit.
To file a wrongful death claim in a motorcycle accident case, you have two years from the time of your loved one’s death.
If you don’t file your lawsuit in a timely manner, you could be forever barred from seeking compensation.
The longer you wait after the accident, the more difficult it can be to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. It’s critical that you call an experienced Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible so you can fight against the insurance companies that will want you to settle for as little as possible.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash in Winter Haven
- Check for injuries. Make sure everyone involved in the accident is OK. If they are injured, call 911 immediately so they receive medical attention.
- Get out of the way of traffic. If possible, move vehicles off the road to a safe location away from oncoming traffic. Make use of hazard lights to get the attention of drivers on the road.
- Collect information. Exchange info with other motorists involved. Gather the name, address, phone number, and insurance information of all drivers involved. Make a note of license plate numbers and the types of vehicles.
- Call the police. If there are injuries or any significant property damage, call the law enforcement authorities. The police report can be an essential component in your effort to recover compensation.
- Document your surroundings. If possible, try to take notice of vital information about the accident, such as where and when the accident happened and how it occurred. Be mindful of such factors as the road conditions, weather, speed limits, and lighting.
- Speak with witnesses. If you are physically able, try to get contact info from anyone who witnessed the accident and record their comments. Gather as much info as you can right after the motorcycle crash because memories fade.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney. Motorcycle accident cases can be very complicated. You need an experienced and skilled motorcycle injury lawyer on your side.
Your injuries may not be obvious at first due to the shock of the accident and the fact that some injuries don’t show immediate symptoms. That’s why it is so important that you seek medical care immediately following your accident.
When you reach out to the highly skilled legal team at Brooks Law Group, you have taken a crucial step in protecting your legal rights. Our Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyer will work hard to pursue the maximum compensation allowed. Don’t face the insurance companies alone. Allow us to put our legal skills to work for you.
Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Winter Haven Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle traffic collision in Winter Haven or anywhere else in Florida, contact Brooks Law Group right away to discuss your case.
Our Brooks Law Group – Winter Haven motorcycle accident lawyers are experienced in handling motorcycle accident cases and have the resources and tools necessary to show who was at fault in your accident.
We can help you seek the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call us today to schedule a free and confidential consultation.