Semi-Trailer Truck Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven
An accident with a large semi-truck can be devastating. The force of a fast-moving multi-ton truck can leave you with debilitating physical injuries, as well as psychological trauma and financial stress.
If the truck accident was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your injuries and other losses.
If you have been injured in a semi-trailer truck traffic collision in Winter Haven, the compassionate attorneys at Brooks Law Group understand your situation. Our team can take on the legal burden of seeking justice on your behalf while you recover from your injuries.
To learn more, contact us today by phone or online to schedule a free consultation about your legal rights and options.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Complicated?
Truck accidents are often more complicated than simple car crashes because of the larger number of factors that can play a role in causing the accident. Crash reconstruction experts have identified many different factors that can play a role in causing a truck to lose control and collide with another vehicle.
Truck accidents are also complicated by the number of parties that could be liable for the accident. The vast majority of large trucks on our roadways are commercial vehicles that transport tons of cargo. Because of the number of parties involved in commercial interests, such as freight companies and leasing companies, there may be more than one party that is responsible for a Winter Haven truck accident.
Additionally, there is usually far more evidence associated with truck accidents. Special laws govern companies that own and operate commercial vehicles. Many trucks have black boxes onboard that record data that may be relevant. Trucking companies keep records about employment, maintenance, freight, training, and driver rest times. All of this, in addition to the usual evidence such as witnesses and photographs from the scene, may come into play in your case.
The extent of damages and available insurance coverage are another reason why truck accident cases are more complex. Due to the size of trucks, occupants of other vehicles frequently suffer very severe injuries in collisions. This usually means higher medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. Trucks generally carry insurance coverage with limits much higher than a typical car. With so much money on the line, you can count on the insurance companies to do all they can to dodge a big payout.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Truck Accident in Winter Haven?
Determining who is liable for a truck accident can be complicated, and a thorough investigation will be absolutely necessary to determine exactly who is responsible for the crash. It is best to have a professional Brooks Law Group – Winter Haven truck accident attorney evaluate the details of your case to establish who is responsible and to prove liability.
Responsible parties in a truck accident could include:
- The operator or driver of the truck
- The truck driver’s employer
- The owner of the truck or trailer
- The company leasing the truck or trailer
- The maintenance company or workers who repair the truck
- A manufacturer that produces a defective part on the truck
- The company that loaded the cargo improperly
- The government responsible for maintaining the roadway
Once our team identifies the responsible parties, we will work tirelessly to hold them accountable to pay you compensation for the injuries they caused.
Compensation in a Semi-Truck Accident Claim
The compassionate lawyers at Brooks Law Group understand the emotional tension and additional financial strain you go through after a serious truck accident. Our team is dedicated to making sure that you won’t have to pay the bills for someone else’s negligence. The kinds of compensation that we may recover for you include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earnings and earning capacity
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life or companionship
If your loved one passed away as a result of a truck accident, you may also be able to pursue compensation for their wrongful death. This compensation can include medical expenses, funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and loss of emotional support.
What to Do After a Semi-Trailer Truck Traffic Collision in Winter Haven
If you have experienced the trauma of a Winter Haven semi-truck accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be unsure about how to seek compensation for your injuries. There are steps that you can take to move forward.
To give yourself the best chance of recovering compensation, take these steps immediately after an accident:
- Call the police. If anyone at the scene is severely injured, ask for an ambulance as well.
- Be brief but honest with police. Provide only facts and do not speculate on the cause of the accident or your injuries. After a few days, request a copy of the report.
- Do not offer an apology, which could be mistaken for an admission of fault.
- Do not make any statements about your injuries, including saying that you are “fine.”
- Get the license, insurance information, and contact details for all owners and operators of the truck and commercial operation, as well as the vehicle’s plate numbers and registration.
- Call our Winter Haven board-certified truck accident attorneys as soon as possible.
- Avoid speaking with insurance adjusters or company lawyers. Never give a recorded statement.
- Do not sign any documents from an insurance adjuster, lawyer, or representative from the trucking company.
- Follow all medical advice and take time to recover from your injuries.
Knowing what to do after a traumatic truck collision can relieve some stress of the event. Our compassionate Brooks Law Group – Winter Haven semi-truck accident lawyers understand what you are going through and will fight on your side every step of the process of filing a claim and seeking fair compensation.
Talk to a Semi-Trailer Truck Accident Lawyer in Winter Haven Now
Brooks Law Group helps clients in the Winter Haven area achieve a resolution that is fair and well-deserved. Our experienced team will be able to face the insurance adjusters and teams of corporate lawyers on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
We will negotiate with them and aggressively fight in court, if necessary, for your right to receive full compensation. Our team covers all costs of the claim until we win your case.
Contact us today for a free and confidential case evaluation.