- Consult with a Lawyer
- Wrongful death cases are very complicated. You should consult with a Florida wrongful death attorney to make sure a personal representative is appointed, the claims are timely brought, the responsible parties are identified and the proper damages are claimed.
- A family member or personal representative can get this from the Department of Health
- If there is a will, the personal representative specifically named in the decedent’s will – will be appointed
- If there is not a will, the personal representative is normally the spouse. If there is no spouse, then the heirs choose one. If there are no heirs, then whomever the judge approves is appointed
- A skilled Florida wrongful death attorney will help you determine all the owners and operators involved and any other responsible parties. A skilled Florida wrongful death lawyer will help you investigate the causes of the accident.
- Normally this means the decedent’s spouse, children and parents. It can also mean blood relatives and adopted relatives who depended on the decedent.
- In Florida, two (2) years from death is the normal time you have to bring a wrongful death claims. There are exceptions. It’s best to consult a wrongful death attorney.
- Funeral Bills
- Medical Bills
- Loss of earnings of the decedent from the date of the injury until the date of death
- Loss of net income – the money the victim would have earned and saved if she/he had lived a normal life
- Loss of Support and Services – Financial support and household tasks the decedent would have provided.
- Loss of Companionship and Pain and Suffering of the Survivors – the emotional loss of losing a loved one.
How our law firm can help?
If anyone you know has suffered death because of the fault of another person or company, please consult or law firm immediately. Time is of the essence. Our law firm help you get the recovery you deserve. During this difficult time we will help you receive the maximum compensation allowed by law and we will assist you through every step of the case. Our team of lawyers works with medical professionals, valuation experts, technical experts and other lawyers. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or a death please call us at 1-888-WE-MEAN-IT (1-888-936-3264) or email us at: [email protected].