The year is ending very quickly and we wanted to provide you with some valuable information for the upcoming year on what necessary steps you should take if you are injured in an accident.
Back in the beginning of 2013, there were some new Personal Injury Protection laws put into place regarding treating with a medical doctor within 14 days of an accident. As of now and into 2014, we strongly suggest that if you are injured in an accident, to see a doctor right away within the 14-day realm.
Here are a couple steps you should take now:
- Download our app in your Google Play Store (Droid) or in your App Store (Iphone). www.brookslawgroup.com/app. This app allows you to always have a “Lawyer in Your Pocket” if an accident does occur.
- Make sure you have Uninsured Motorist Coverage. This is extremely important because if someone hits you and runs from the scene, your insurance is responsible for your injuries and the last thing you want is to pay out of pocket for your medical bills. Call your insurance company and request this type of insurance on your policy.
Here are a few steps to take if you are involved in an accident:
- Call the police and an ambulance if necessary
- Use your App to start your case with us
- If you don’t have the app:
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all the witnesses
- Use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene and damage to vehicles involved
- Do not discuss the accident with ANYONE besides the police
- Do not admit fault to anyone
- See a doctor immediately
- Call Brooks Law Group 888-We-Mean-It (888-936-3264)
If you are injured in an accident and have a potential personal injury claim, we urge you to follow these steps important steps in 2014. Any initial consultation with our firm is free.
We work on a: “no recovery, no fee, PROMISE.”