We Handle Personal Injury Claims Just Like Yours
Our diligent attorneys help victims who have been hurt in a wide range of accidents.
Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can happen in an instant, but leave you with injuries that last a lifetime. Full and fair compensation can be essential for victims who are seriously injured in a Tampa crash. However, Florida’s no-fault car insurance system can make it challenging to recover the compensation you deserve.
Being a no-fault state means that Florida car accident victims must first file a claim for damages through their own insurance company. Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage provides reimbursement for medical expenses and wage loss. However, your PIP may not fully cover the extent of your medical costs and lost income after an accident. PIP also does not allow for compensation for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages after a wreck.
Don’t lose hope. You still may be able to sue the other party(s) responsible for the crash.
Florida allows accident victims to file lawsuits against those who caused their accident if their injuries meet the state’s serious injury threshold, which includes:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Permanent injury
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
An accomplished car accident lawyer at Brooks Law Group can help determine whether you have a valid claim for compensation.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Truck Accident Lawyer
Large trucks are dangerous companions on Florida roadways. A car is simply no match for an 18-wheeler if a crash occurs. That’s why the occupants of other vehicles — not the truck driver — often suffer the worst injuries.
Common types of semi-truck accidents include:
- Jackknife: A jackknife crash occurs when the front part of the truck (the cab) stops suddenly. This causes the attached trailer to swerve outward at a 90-degree angle, much like the shape of a closing jackknife. A commercial truck that jackknifes can swing across multiple lanes of traffic, potentially striking numerous vehicles, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Override: These collisions happen when a truck slams into the back of a car. Rear-end crashes involving passenger cars are not typically life-threatening. Not so with a tractor-trailer. In override wrecks, the truck drives over the back of the vehicle in front of it, risking the lives of every occupant inside.
- Underride: In an underride crash, the car rear-ends the truck. The force of the impact can push the smaller vehicle under the truck. Underride accidents are frequently fatal. When someone’s negligence causes such a crash, Florida victims and their families may be entitled to wrongful death compensation from the at-fault party.
- Tire blowouts: State and federal laws require trucks to undergo regular and rigorous maintenance and inspections. Checking the tires is an essential part of that process. When a tire on an 80,000-pound vehicle blows, the consequences for nearby motorists can be dire. Compensation may be possible from the trucking company, mechanics or whoever is responsible for the proper care of the truck.
- Blind spots: You’ve probably seen the signs on the backs of trucks warning drivers not to follow too closely. That’s because truck drivers, like all drivers, have certain blind spots that can prevent them from seeing nearby motorists. If a trucker fails to take proper care to check the blind spots, he or she may be liable for any injuries resulting from the collision.
If you or a family member was involved in a truck accident in Tampa, you need a personal injury attorney who understands the importance of full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Don’t wait — call Brooks Law Group today.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Florida’s warm weather and sunny skies make it an ideal place for motorcycling. Unfortunately, bikers are some of the most vulnerable motorists on the roads. Aside from a helmet and proper road gear, there is nothing preventing them from serious injury in a motorcycle accident.
Common examples of motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injury (paralysis)
- Cuts and bruising (road rash)
The lifetime cost of care for a victim with catastrophic trauma can easily reach into the millions. These future expenses can be accounted for in a demand for compensation after a motorcycle accident.
To learn more about the types of compensation you may be entitled to, contact our legal team to schedule a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Tampa is a great city for walking. Whether you’re touring along the city’s popular Riverwalk or walking on a neighborhood sidewalk, you have the right to expect that other drivers will take every precaution to protect you from harm.
Pedestrian accidents involving other cars tend to occur when:
- A pedestrian is walking in an unmarked crosswalk.
- A driver is making a left turn.
- Someone (either the driver or pedestrian, or both) are distracted by cell phones or other devices.
- The pedestrian or driver has been drinking.
- The pedestrian is difficult to see, especially at night.
It’s important to speak to a lawyer if you’re the victim of a pedestrian accident. Under Florida law, you may be entitled to compensation even if you are partly at fault for the collision.
You deserve to know your legal rights if you’ve been hurt by someone else. Choose a law firm that knows how to get what you’re owed. Choose Brooks Law Group today.
Wrongful Death Attorney
Losing a loved one in an accident is tragic. It’s even more painful when that death is caused by another’s careless actions. Hiring an attorney may be the last thing on a grieving family’s mind, but the sudden loss of a family member can have damaging financial consequences.
You should not have to scramble to make ends meet when someone’s negligence robbed you of an irreplaceable family member. The compassionate Tampa attorneys at Brooks Law Group can help prepare a wrongful death claim against the person or party responsible for your relative’s death. Although we know that no amount of money can replace what you have lost, compensation can help restore financial balance to your home so that you can start rebuilding your life.
Our sympathetic wrongful death lawyers want to make the legal process as simple as possible for you during this difficult time. If you don’t feel ready to come to our office, we’ll meet you at home or wherever feels most comfortable.
Call us today for immediate help with your wrongful death claim.
Slip and Fall Lawyer
Falls happen every day. But when they happen due to a dangerous condition on someone else’s property, the owner or property manager can be held accountable through a premises liability (or slip and fall) claim.
Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, such as:
- Apartment complexes
- Public parks or sidewalks
- Private homes
- Shopping malls
- Grocery stores
- Public buildings
The key factor in any slip and fall case centers on whether negligence resulted in your injury. Imagine you’re in a grocery store and slip in a puddle of water, breaking your hip. If there was no sign warning you of the hazard, it’s possible that you could have a valid slip and fall claim.
Insurance companies are often hesitant to pay out slip and fall accident claims. Instead, they try to shift the blame on to you, arguing that you should have been paying more attention. Don’t let them take advantage of you. Call our aggressive team of trial lawyers to represent you today.
Dog Bite Attorney
A dog bite can range from a relatively mild surface wound to a disfiguring injury. If you or your child has been attacked by a dog, you may be able to file a claim through the dog owner’s homeowners or car insurance policies (depending on where the bite occurred). If the owner is uninsured, you may still have the option of filing a claim for compensation against the owner.
Dog bites can cause serious injuries including:
- Tissue and tendon damage
- Puncture wounds
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The worst dog bite injuries can require extensive reconstructive surgery, skin grafts and other medical procedures to get the victim back on his or her feet. Aside from being costly, these treatments often cannot restore the victim fully to the way he or she was prior to the accident.
If you or a loved one sustained serious injuries from a dog bite in Tampa, contact us for a free consultation.
Construction Accident Attorney
Construction work is a risky occupation. But tough regulations are in place to protect workers from deadly construction accidents. When contractors or subcontractors fail to follow these rules and someone is hurt in a construction accident, he or she has the right to file a claim against the negligent party.
Depending on who is responsible for the accident, you could be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury lawsuit for compensation.
Sometimes, compensation can come from more than one source. Contact one of our seasoned construction accident lawyers to ensure that all responsible parties are being held accountable for their negligence.
Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Many retirees choose to live in Florida during their golden years. At some point, family members may have to make the difficult decision to move their loved one into a nursing home.
It takes an incredible amount of trust to place your family member’s health and wellbeing in the hands of nursing home owners, doctors and staff. Sadly, thousands of seniors fall victim to nursing home abuse and neglect each year. Many more suffer in silence.
Possible warning signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Pressure sores
- Withdrawal from normal activities
- Unexplained weight loss
- Worsening cognitive abilities
At Brooks Law Group, we are committed to protecting Tampa’s most vulnerable residents. A successful nursing home abuse lawsuit can provide compensation for your loved one and hopefully prevent the same harm from befalling another patient at the facility.
Social Security Disability Attorneys
Social Security Disability (SSD) is a federal program that provides monthly payments to eligible people with disabilities. In order to qualify, you must have earned enough credits by working at a job that pays in to the Social Security system. You also must be able to demonstrate how your disability prevents you from earning meaningful income.
Applying for SSD is a complicated process full of red tape. It’s common for people to receive denials on their first try. If you’ve been denied, you have the right to appeal. Talking to a Social Security Disability attorney is essential to ensure that your rights are protected.
At Brooks Law Group, we can help you throughout the entire SSD process, from application to appeal (if necessary). Call or contact us to arrange a free consultation today.
Defective Products Attorneys
Consumer laws exist to protect people from dangerous and defective products. The designers, manufacturers, and marketers of defective products may be held liable for any injuries that result from putting an unsafe product on the market.
While any product can be defective or dangerous, some have been common sources of lawsuits. Some of these include:
- Medical devices
- Automotive parts
- Power tools
- Baby products
- Building materials (e.g., asbestos)
People who have been injured by dangerous products have the right to be compensated for their losses. It’s possible to take on the big companies and win. Let Brooks Law Group stand up for you.
Experienced, Aggressive Legal Help When You Need It Most
The Tampa personal injury attorneys at Brooks Law Group understand how stressful life can be after an accident. We can help restore your sense of physical, financial and emotional security again.
Our battle-tested trial lawyers have a track record of success representing clients in all sorts of injury matters. We’ll fight for you to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. While most personal injury matters can be resolved in a settlement, Brooks Law Group prepares every case as if it is going to trial.
Questions? Call or contact us now for a free consultation.